Thursday, 27 February 2014

Update & Why is There a Donation Button, Suddenly?

Note: this message has been re-edited from this morning's original post.

Good morning, everyone. I'm still wading through replies and many well-wishes have been bringing tears to my eyes. I'm continuing to surf through the surge of messages and still need a day or two before I can make any phone calls. Please be patient, this isn't a decision I want to make likely. Many inquiries have questions about the girls, which I will attempt to answer later this evening. 

Meanwhile, many people have been asking if they can help out financially and I want to say thank you. Their needs are currently being provided for and any funds offered will go towards their transition or, if there is anything left, it will be deposited into their RESP.

Have a nice (yet) cold sunny day and God Bless you all.

6 comments:

gj said...

if you re looking for home for your two girls why are you asking for donations? donations has nothing to do with finding the girls home. I am sorry but it dont fit.

Marilyn Friesen said...

I would love to help! I would love to take the girls in. But I'm a grandma. Surely you would want someone younger!We live out in the country, and I suppose they are used to a town life. Please keep us updated. Our oldest grandchildren are 10 and 7 and they live close by.

Marilyn Friesen said...

I would dearly love to help. We raised nine children of our own and have five grandchildren. The oldest two live close by and are seven and ten years old. We are fairly conservative Mennonite and live in the country. Are the children able to entertain themselves without TV and that sort of thing? You'll find out more about me by checking my blog.marilynfriesen.blogspot.com

Patricia Sayenchuk said...

We live in Langley BC and have 2 dogs and 1 cat. We have so much love to give and would love to give your girls a loving and caring forever home:-)

Nadine B said...

My name is Nadine im 41 years old and I have an 8 year. Old son and I'm hoping to meet you cause I would love to have your daughtera live in my home forever.I'm am Canadian and also Muslim and I do believe if we meet you would see your daughter would have the perfect life with me. Foster parents have been foster parents all there life have you ever wonder why? To me is because they never wanted a child to stay forever and so many bad things happen in foster homes please don't make that choice. I'm hoping you get back to me and we can meet and you will see how safe you will feel knowing your girls are with me.. And they will know there culture and grow up knowing Islam nobody will do that for them. I don't wear Hijab and I'm not an exterist but I do believe and your children should also.

Celia Habbaz said...

Hi I first want to say that my heart and prayers go out to you and yo family. Your strength and courage is truly amazing.as a mother of four ( 25 yrs old,23,21,19)(lol three are away at college). I
can only imagine how difficult this must be for you. Of I can be of any help please let me know. I would love to take your two beautiful daughters and help raise them. Two points to consider is that I live in new Jersey. The other is that we are Jewish. Please contact me if I can help. All my prayers and love.